INDIA

So it is time for me to start blogging again! And I am excited to announce that I will be going to India for 6 months - leaving December 28th! I am so excited! About a month ago, I found out about an organization called Rahab's Rope. They are based out of Gainesville, GA and they have 2 locations in India, where they help girls freed from sex slavery by teaching them different things like making jewelry, cooking, ect., to help them get a job outside of brothels. I drove up there a few weekends ago, and spent the weekend with the founders of this non-profit organization. I told them my story, and they offered me a chance to move up there in October, to help them out and prepare to go to India in December for 6 months to teach the girls how to paint and draw! I couldn't believe how perfect this is in so many ways... I will be teaching these girls art, as well as sharing the love of Christ with them! This is my heart.. God. India. Girls. and Art! I am still in shock!! Here are some pics of the girls over there:
Right now I am in the process of raising support. I have to raise between $7,000-$9,000 to pay for my plane ticket, food, transportation, and rent while I'm over there. I started a few weeks ago by making and selling jewelry for a $10 donation towards my trip. Now I am totally addicted to making jewelry. I have a nice little set up on the counter at my work...
So that is where I am right now. I am also doing a lot of photo Shoots for a $50 donation to my support. So far I am at $600, which is huge for me, although I have a lot more to go! But I know God will get me there!

Comments

Popular Posts