A True Heart-Touching Moment...

So, support-raising is slow, and I've been selling jewelry as well as doing $50 photo shoots to raise the money. This morning in my devotional it talked about asking God for things we need, if it be His will. I usually journal when I pray, so this morning my prayer was for 2 things... the first being someone to take over my lease in my apartment. My lease doesn't end until July 2011, and I am most likely leaving at the end of October. The only way for me to get out of paying a few thousand dollars for breaking lease is to have someone else sub-lease it. So, that is a huge prayer.
My second prayer is for my support to come it. This week I haven't sold much jewelry at all, and I have been a little sad about it. I am still only at about $800, and I hope to have half of my support ($3500) by the second week of October. So this morning as I journaled, I prayed that if this truly is where God wants me to go, that my support would continue to grow.

How faithful God is! Today was my highest sell in jewelry so far! I sold $50 in Jewelry in just the few hours I was at work today! But the most amazing thing happened, besides the jewelry selling...
A few weeks ago I did a photo shoot for some kids at my little brother's school. I gave the cd's with the pictures on them to my mom, and she gave them to the kids parents. Well one of the girls that were in the group of kids was named Kellen, and she started to ask her mom about where I was going and why. (This girl btw is only seven years old). This morning when I got to work, there was a church offering envelope in my support drawer, with the little girls name on it. Apparently this girl had been saving money every week to give to someone who really needed it, and she chose to give it to me! I was shocked, and I almost felt bad taking the money from this little girl! My heart was so touched. How humbling it is that God used a 7 year old to bless me in my support. I can't even express how I feel. amazed. blessed. touched. humbled. What a day.

Kellen
Thank you Kellen... you have to be the sweetest child I've ever met!

Comments

Popular Posts