Life in the UK so far...


     So I guess it's about time I write my first blog post since I've been in the UK. To tell the truth I actually wasn't going to blog at all while I was here- My computer died on the second day I was here (over 2 weeks ago), and I've been too lazy to charge it until today. But God has put it on my heart to write- because in just 2 weeks so much has happened and is happening in my life that I just feel I might burst if I don't write about it.
     Maybe I'm still in the 'honeymoon stage' of being here, but I love it. God has really blessed me with the friends I already have here. There is a very strong closeness and intimacy between us all, that I feel like we are all long lost brothers and sisters who have finally met each other. I've even had dreams about bringing them all home to meet my family and friends in the states. Words just do not describe how much I already love them all.

     Also, in England, we walk everywhere! I LOVE it! (I love outdoor walks, so walking 2 miles to school everyday was great for me... we will see how I like it when it's freezing outside though!) We just got bikes this week now, so that makes it easier to ride into town after school to go grocery shopping- but I know some days I will still skip the 15 minute bike ride to school, and choose the 45 minute walk, because I just really enjoy walking.
     When I first got here, I was surprised at how much England reminded me of India... It still does every now and then, and it really makes me miss India. But I can definitely see the similarities in the two countries- from when India was once ruled by the British. (The culture is still extremely different though). One of the things I've said a lot, and probably even written about in a previous blog post, is when I am in India, I feel like a totally different person than I am in the States. I know I've even journaled about the differences I see in my personality, where I'm more outgoing, silly, less stressed, ect. I feel more like the 'real Camille', and that I live out of freedom to be who I am. And as I've been here in the UK I realized I am the same person I am in India. Maybe it's just because I know that no one is going to judge me or think they know me from my past, that I feel the freedom to really just be myself. I don't have to worry about running into anyone who use to know me from my past here- (although I've already met some pretty prophetic people who know what I've come out of, but that's been more of a blessing than anything!) I know this is who I am created to be- if you ask the girls I live with, you'd be surprised to hear that I may be an extrovert who love to be silly, maybe a little hyper, and I have even found a new love for hugging people.



     My first Sunday at church, tears sprang to my eyes because of how much Kingsway reminded me of New Day. I miss my family very much here, and I miss my New Day family just as much. I wish I could rent a plane and fly them all over here. But Kingsway has the same true love for people that New Day has... except everyone at Kingsway doesn't have an American accent. :P But they are such amazing people.
     The school, has been incredible. We are on our third week... I've already had some crazy supernatural heart healing, forgiveness, identity restoration, and crazy awesome prophetic words- some that I've heard many times before, but is just so encouraging coming from someone completely new that doesn't know anything about me. I've learned I really need to start taking my prophetic words more seriously- because I think so many times in the past I think I've heard God on a subject, and when I hope in it, I end up disappointed, and another wound in my heart forms. So I realized that for the past several months, I just stopped hoping. And I've really been stressing myself out- especially in the finances area of my life. And it's funny because people have prophetically told me over and over again not to worry about my finances – starting with a prophetic word I got 2 years ago from someone who saw me studying in Europe. And you would think with all the miracles in finances I've seen over the years with God providing for India, I would have some crazy faith in that area... but to be honest I struggle with it the most.
     I've also realized I don't have a problem with giving... but I do have a problem with receiving. When people bless me, I always want to give them something in return. And when someone tries to bless me when I have nothing to give, I feel like I cannot take it. I think this has hindered me from receiving from God in the past- maybe for finances, but more from healing, and physical touch. I'm starting to see where a lot of my physical issues manifest in the spiritual and my relationship with God- but I'll write more on that in another blog.
     Well, I feel like I've done a lot of rambling for one blog post- and if you kept up with it until now, thank you for reading. I'll have more posts in the future, probably on more solid subjects on what God is doing, or things I experience here.

 (above is my first prophetic painting I've done here in church. God showed me this picture, and as I painted I heard 'Behold, I am doing a new thing. Now it springs forth... Do you not perceive it?' ... I know it's a verse from Isaiah, but not sure the exact verse. :) )

Comments

  1. Awesome! I miss you and can't wait to meet the new you. Soak it all up! X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts