Lost Talent sometimes leads to Finding Treasure.

     I've been in a lot of prayer about things lately, and God has been doing quite a bit of stirring and shaking in my life. A dream I had back in February is beginning to take place in my life, and I see things unfolding just like they did in my dream. Right now is not the time for me to share this, but it soon will be.
    But what God has been telling me to do is get ready. In this season of my life is time for preparation of something He is about to do- and is doing at the same time.

    Painting has always been a passion of mine, but God has recently done something very new with me and my time painting with Him. In the past, He shows me a picture, and I paint it. But I recently went through a hard season with this- every time I tried to paint, I couldn't. I would begin painting something I wanted to paint- but as I started to paint it, I just couldn't. It's hard to explain, and it would make me very sad... painting has always been my way to relax, but this was actually upsetting me.
    A few weeks ago, maybe a month or two now, I wanted to paint. So I sat down with my watercolors and decided I wanted to try and paint a unicorn. Well, again, I couldn't do it. Right when I was about to give up I heard God say "Just paint"... So I just started putting my brush to the canvas and painting, not even knowing what I was going to paint. That turned into this piece-


    God spoke to me so much while painting this, and still does, everyday since. I also had many people inquire about this painting and how it had spoken to them- and even went along with a prophetic vision and word from someone I greatly admire. This was such an encouragement to me during my time of painting with God to just step out in faith and paint. This painting is so much better than any unicorn I could ever paint. :D
    A few weeks later, same thing happened. I actually was wanting to paint a lion and a dancing girl. But I couldn't. I heard God say, again, "Just paint" and this was the end result- 

   God used this painting to speak to me too, about Daughters of the Lord, and the Bride of Christ. This was the first time I've ever been able to paint a face without looking at a model. Her eyes are big because she is watching, and waiting. 
   Last week, it happened again. But this time I didn't even prepare anything I wanted to paint, I just began painting... 


    Every painting has been like a word from God to me... I love painting with Him. 

But it's so weird how sometimes we seem to have lost something (for me, I felt I had lost my talent of painting), but really we haven't lost anything... Sometimes God just takes away something to give us something 100 times better. 



Comments

  1. Hey Camille, I can totally understand this and it's the same with me with the music and songwriting!
    and it feels sometimes very unsave and strange, even lazy, but in reality it's freedom and great! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts