Trust in the Creator of the Stars

 

    One of my most favorite paintings I painted recently was of the milky way, and a lions face shining through the clouds, among the stars in the night sky. Many times, I sit down to paint with God, looking at a blank canvas and having no idea what was going to come out. This time however, I was inspired to paint a lions face in the milky way, from a photo graph someone showed me around Christmas of the milky way. They had taken the photo out at a local park, and as I looked at it, I swear I could immediately see the face of a lion in the clouds of the milky way. I loved it so much because God is always showing Himself to me as a mighty Lion- the King- and when I saw this in a photograph, it just really touched my heart and I knew I had to paint it!

   But even as I painted it, God began to speak to me. I was reminded of being a little kid who looked forward to going outside at night just to look at the stars. The stars have always intrigued me, and I could look at them all night and never grow board.

   I was reminded of this as I painted, and God just began to talk to me about the dreamer inside of me- and all these dreams and desires were put in my heart by Him. He spoke more of living life with Him, the way each one of us were meant to live- and have the greatest possible fulfillment in life- no fear, no worry, because 100 percent of our trust rests in Him. We were made for a relationship with our creator- not to try to figure out life on our own. Not that everyones life would look the same- but God puts dreams and desires in each one of us, that makes us who we are... and in the end, our biggest identity is sons and daughters of the creator of the universe. So the one who created those billions of magnificent  stars you see in the sky- is the same one who uniquely created every cell in your body.

  Right before I finished the painting, I added a small tree in the corner, with a girl sitting underneath, gazing upon the stars. This girl I painted for God, to represent myself- relaxing in complete trust of all He had for me.

  As I signed the painting I got a phone call from my mom. She was bringing me some mail I had received from England- and I said "Great, I can show you my latest painting! I think it's my new favorite!" She came by and I opened the card as she looked at the painting. On the front of the card was a little girl starring up at the stars through a window. The person who sent the card even said they felt this card was prophetic when they picked it. In that moment, I was so overwhelmed by God's love and confirmation of all I heard when I painted with Him!
   He even continued to speak to me through that card- about timing. His timing is so perfect. You see, the card was a Christmas card- and it arrived a few days after Christmas. So to look at it one way, you would say it came late... but seeing the big picture, it arrived in God's perfect timing!

  So at first look, this piece reminds me of a life with God... a life at rest, but full of wonder. But even more so, this piece speaks to me about trust. Completely trusting God in every situation- and especially in timing.


Comments

Popular Posts