God's lavish provision in everyday Life

   Lately I've been blown away with God's provision in my life.. in every area of my life. It always starts with a step of faith, especially in the big things. And this usually requires looking fear in the face and choosing to believe what God has said, despite what our circumstances look like.

   But last week, I had a really cool story, that just spoke to me so much about not striving to make something that God has said happen.. but just trusting that it will. It's a very simple story, about God providing a jacket for me.

   I had bought a jacket before I came- a nice little rain jacket. Very cozy and warm, and waterproof. However, the hood just won't stay up, and my face always gets wet from the misty rain.. and the wind always blows the hood off my head bc there are no ties on this jacket hood. I don't know why I didn't think to check this out when I bought the jacket, but it became very frustrating living here in England and having to hold my hood up over my head with my hand as I walked.

   My debit card also stopped working a few weeks ago, so I haven't been able to get cash out of the bank. I can use my Credit Card, but only at a very select few places that accept it. Luckily the local grocery store does :)

   I was in town last week, and saw in a local shop that the coats were on sale, up to 75% off. They were really nice coats with big hoods, and very warm! Oh how I wanted one of these coats- and I felt the Spirit tell me I could get one! So I went in and tried them on, and found one that was so perfect, and a great price! I didn't think to ask if the store took my credit card, because I felt Holy Spirit say that jacket was mine. But when I went to pay- they didn't accept my card. I was so sad- because my hopes had gotten pretty excited about just having this nice jacket where the rain would no longer be a bother- and it would be extremely warm for new adventures! I tried everything I could think of to be able to buy this jacket or figure out a way to go home with it... but nothing I could think of would work. The store took paypal online- but not in store, so I couldn't pay that way either. So I hung the jacket back up and went home.

    The next day I planed to ask Timo if I sent him money via paypal, if He could give me some cash. I did need cash as well, because I was going to have to catch a bus the next day to Manchester- and they also do not accept my card. So I would need to ask Timo for a little extra money for that as well. I was a bit nervous bc I hate asking for money... but when I got to school, I started explaining my debit card situation to Timo, and before I finished, he gave me a card. In the card was the exact amount I was going to ask for- and a thank you note for some photos I had taken for them! The photos were meant to just be a blessing to them- but they felt they wanted to bless me in return. I was so overwhelmed with the perfect timing of God's provision! When it was lunchtime I walked into town and picked up the jacket that was still there, waiting for me. Again, it's just a simple thing... but God wants to be in EVERY part of our life... just like a Dad... to buy a coat made especially for his child.


Comments

Popular Posts