Unlocking Freedom in Creativity

This past weekend, I was involved in a Creative Hearts Awake confrence. Looking back it was so amazing and I was so blessed by all the weekend held. I really felt it unlocked new doors of creativity for me as well as brought forth so much inspiration! But this was something I had never done before- had my own exhibit at an art confrence of this magnitude, as well as teach my own creative workshop! 
I often find when God calls me to something new and big like this- it is very hard. Days before I become very overwhelmed and stressed, and also feel some strong spiritual attacks as well. I knew I had to push forth because this is something I could have easily believed the lie of "you can't do this" but instead I chose to believe God. Even though truthfully, I didn't feel like I could do it- It was a conscious chose to go against my feelings and believe what my spirit new was the real truth. I can do this because God had made this whole thing possible.

The confrence was a bit tiring for me but well worth all I gained from it! I had such an amazing time teaching a jewelry making workshop, and meeting other artist from the UK! 



And the speaker was Matt Tomney. I must read his book because he has so much wisdom in the world of Art and God. His talks really blessed me!

At the end of the confrence someone bought a painting print I did 6 months ago. It had a lion in the night sky. I saw her looking at it after she bought it, and she had someone else looking at it too. She said "Camille- there are two lions in the sky right?" I said "what?!" Because I only meant to paint one, and had only ever seen one. But she showed me, behind the main lion in the sky, was a lioness looking out from behind him. I was amazed that I had never seen this before. Then another friend said "there I see a little human baby in the sky too!" 

It's so funny that all of that was in my painting and I had never even seen it! God had also been speaking to me so much in my journals about living in the Trinity- in Father Son and Spirit.. how they live in harmony and love.. And how I am living right in the middle of all three! It's been blowing my mind and changing some things for me.. And now, in His perfect timing, He reveals more to a painting I did with Him 6 months ago. There's not just one lion, but 3 parts.. Lion, lioness, and a human baby. His timing is so perfect.

So I felt God tell me that is how He wants me to paint with Him for now.. Just paint without creating- just workship and see where the colors go. So Monday I painted with Him- and everytime my mind would try to see/create something in the painting, I would turn the canvas and paint at a new angle so it was just me, the brush strokes, and God. Then I left the painting to dry.


When I came back that evening I new it wasn't finished. But felt God tell me to look at it and paint what I saw. So I did. And He spoke to me so much by painting in this new way! 


Waters cannot quench His love. Be rooted in Him and let it burn. Sometimes fruit needs to fall to the ground, but that doesn't mean it was ever waisted. For the fruit that falls will bring forth new life from the seeds it plants. You haven't missed anything, for your season to bloom has arrived.


Comments

Popular Posts