Shift in Seasons

     Something major has shifted this past week for me. As the Spring school ended, it was filled with teary eyes as I said goodbye to my lovely housemates that I've been living with for the past 5 months. These three students have become so much more than housemates to me.... siblings. Where we could be open, vulnerable, honest, and ourselves with one another- showing our strengths as well as our weaknesses. And then they were gone- back to their hometowns. Bloomed and blossomed into the people they were made to be.

     The peace of God is a funny thing. I remember when my school ended, I felt the peace leave as the time came for me to go back to America. Once I was in America, the peace returned. It was a hard season filled with many struggles, but I had peace knowing I was where I was suppose to be.

     This past week reminded me a lot of my first week home from my own school in February of 2014. I came home knowing I was where I was suppose to be, but something had shifted. I struggled with finding my place, my flow of what life was to look like now. The students are gone, and I myself am preparing to go home and apply for a visa to return in late September to be an intern at iDestiny School of ministry. I've seen God's provision so much these last 5 months... in big ways, and in ways I could have never imagined.
    One thing I hope for in the next 6 months is to be able to blog more about what I see God doing, and moving in my life and in the places I go. The miracles, the visions, the healing... the wonder. I stay lost in the wonder. :)



     I can easily get overwhelmed with the next step. God has provided the certification to apply for my visa, but once again I am left with the funds needed.
    I was hoping I could apply in the UK- however I need to apply in the states. The cost of the visa and healthcare equals out to 425 pounds ($662!)... then there was the flight I would need back in just three weeks! I was laying in the garden about a month ago, praying about provision and what I should do- when I felt God say 'it's time to look into a one way ticket'. I searched on my delta app what the cost would be for a one way ticket to Manchester in September. However, when I hit search, I "accidentally" hit the search in Miles instead of USD. The search result popped up with the exact amount of miles I had saved in my delta account. So in less than a year I will book two free plane tickets to the UK through my miles! :) That just blows my mind!

   So even with that I am trying not to get overwhelmed with the $662 I have left to raise in the month of August, so I can apply as soon as I get home.
    With all of this to say, in the next three weeks I will be posting as much handmade things as I can online. From paintings, to prints, to jewelry, and to whatever else the Lord inspires me to create. Everything will be up for sale- all donations are so much appreciated!! One thing the Lord always tells me is use what he has put in my hands. And in my hands is the passion for creating beautiful things with Him in worship. I don't know exactly what I'll create, but I'm excited to see what He does in His provision, and I'm thankful for all that He has blessed me with so far, knowing I can trust Him for the next season in this period of shift.

    So if you are reading this, thank you. You may have never made a donation in terms of money, but just by donating the time to read my blog, and the interest you have in what I'm doing means so much to me. Your thoughts and prayers and love mean more than I could ever say.
      It is a blessing as well that I get to fly home to see my family and friends in September. And beautiful Charleston of course. I love England, and all my life I've had this passion of traveling and exploring- ever since I was a young child. Even looking back, I always had a passion for Europe and this weird obsession with England. But in my travels I've learned that I'm always going to be the Charleston girl at heart. The beach, the southern charm, even the crazy heat. I look forward to seeing it all again in September.

   I was talking to my mom this week and she said something pretty profound to me... she is incredibly wise and one of my best friends. She said "Camille, you have this life where you have two homes. You have Charleston, with  your friends, church, dog, and family here that you love and miss... and then you have England, with your friends, church, spiritual family and Shanen that you also love. And you are learning to balance these two things in one life." It was so true, and as I prepare to fly to my Charleston home, I am trusting God for the provision back to my England home.
So again, thank you for your prayers. It's honestly something I struggle with is worry. It may not seem like it, because my own stories of God's faithfulness and provision encourages me! But to be 100% honest, I still get worried... will it all workout? And faith becomes the only choice I have.
So thank you, thank you, thank you. I look forward to the blog I write about how God pulls it all together and makes the way.

x

Comments

Popular Posts