2017 - The Giver of Dreams


    I've always been a dreamer- both in reality, and at night- and also strangely connected in the spirit to Native American things. Their values, way of life, and spirituality always intrigued me, and whenever I would visit the mountains of past tribes as a child, it often felt like I was somehow connected.
    I've always had a love of dreamcatchers, and although I have never looked into the entire meaning of them (all I know is they were woven to 'catch' the bad dreams at night so you only receive the good), I have woven a few for myself in the past to hang in my room, or to make into jewelry hangers.

   A few weeks ago I saw a photo of a lion. The look in his face was one of fierce protectiveness. Something leapt in my heart at the thought of God watching over His children with that same look in His eyes. I had been struggling with a few nightmares that week, and being unable to sleep properly, so I wanted to buy the picture to hang over my bed.
   The photo was a decent size, and on sale for only £5- but I suddenly wanted to paint it instead, because I knew God wanted to say so much more that what I was seeing from Him in that particular photo.
   
    So that week I went to buy a canvas.. a big canvas. (Unfortunately it was on a cold, wet and windy day, so bringing that sucker home was quite difficult!)
   But I got it home and started painting. I knew since this was going over my bed, I wanted to incorporate a dreamcatcher somehow.

   I began painting and felt God speaking to me about this year 2017. I really felt last year (2016) had been a year for so many of us to trust in Him, and step out in faith.. even when that 'stepping out' was simply holding on to His promises when we couldn't see clearly how things were going to workout. I felt for those of us who held on and believed in His words, we would reap the blessings this year.

   I also felt last year was one where the storms of life watered the garden of our dreams- and this year was one where our dreams would sprout.
  We would get the sunshine and glory of seeing our dreams beginning to grow- but I also felt to be patient with them, and enjoy them as they come. They may not come fast, but I felt to simply enjoy where you are at in each day, each process and step of bringing your dream to life, and keep going. Soon time will pass and you will look back and really see the growth God has done in your dream by the end of this year- and into the next.

   This is what I felt as I painted. It took me over a week to finish this painting, and it took up most of our lounge in our tiny flat. But now it is finished and hanging above our bed.
Also as I painted and incorporated the dreamcatcher, I felt God saying He was not catching the bad dreams for us, but releasing the good. He was the Dream-Giver, not the dreamcatcher. I also felt a strong sense of the mother heart of God as I painted, and I love how in the end, I can see both male and female in the Lion. Trinity and wholeness. I also love how this hangs above the bed we sleep in, because I believe marriage is an amazing representation of God as well. When male and female come together as one- because both of us reflect who He is.

"When God created man, he made him in the image of God. Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them man when they were created." -Genesis 5:2

   After hanging this painting, one evening we were sitting down and I noticed the gold in the painting really reflected off the light in our flat at night. I took a picture because I loved the way it looked, and also felt it a bit prophetic in the whole reason I originally felt to inspired paint this piece... in the truth that He is our protector, and guards us in the night. We rest in Him- and the light always shines through the darkness.

I have listed this painting on my easy site for any that wish to purchase it, but until then I am very happy to have it hanging above our bed.
I have just made prints of it that will be available in about a week for only £10 (8x10) and also working on creating some actual 'dreamcatchers' out of it, which I am excited about! Those will be a good bit more because of the time and supplies I'm using (wood, feathers, beads, etc).

I am really excited about all God is doing in 2017- even with the world being a bit shaken, I feel within our hearts there is so much fertile ground for growth in what He has already been doing in the past. May you be blessed and have a wonderful dream-filled year <3 nbsp="" p="">

Comments

Popular Posts