Dreams, Wishes, and Happily Ever Afters...


Last week Shanen and I flew to Charleston to join my family on a big family vacation. This vacation, for me, was one I have dreamed of for years- literally... To go to Disney World with my Prince. 

In my life I've been to Disney many, many times... When I lived in America I would go every year, sometimes 2x in a year. I have always loved Disney, and their movies- and being someone who "never wants to grow up", this is a place that I can get away with being the 28 year old child that I am!

5 years ago I went on a Disney vacation with 4 of my closest friends. This trip was very significant for me, because God made a promise to my heart on this trip. 
These four friends were two couples, and myself. But I never felt like the "5th wheel" at all! (I never have with these friends) and despite a little mishap with our reservations at the start of the trip, we had such a wonderful weekend together and it was one of the best trips!

My trip with friends in 2012



But there were times on this trip that I would watch the romantic shows, and my heart would long for my prince... (especially when the lyrics of one show was "Someday my Prince will come") 
But I believed, and I felt God with me- making that promise.

When we returned home, because of the reservation mishap at the start of that trip in 2012, we all received FREE, no expiration 5-day park hopper tickets! When I was given that ticket I felt in my heart that I would save that ticket for my future prince, because one day we would go to Disney World- and I would remember the promise my God made to my heart in 2012 while I was in Disney World. 

And every year I went since that trip, I always felt God making that promise to me while I watched the fireworks, the shows, and saw the romance it brought out in other couples. It was a reminder of a promise to come, and I never stopped believing over those next 5 years.

Last week- the promise was fulfilled- and it was the best trip to Disney World I have ever had.



I was able to give the free ticket to Shanen, and my awesome brother got an incredible deal on my own ticket since he gets a military discount! We also had incredible favor on the flights!

And it was with my family, which made for some amazing quality time, and bonding, especially since Shanen doesn't get to spend a lot of time with them. My heart was so happy.

  
 

  

The past 5 years, Disney's fireworks show has been called "Wishes".
The first time I saw that show, was on my trip in 2012 (where I got the free ticket).
This was the last year that "Wishes" would be showing- because they are bringing out a whole new fireworks show called
"Happily Ever After".

I found that quite ironic. 

I have many dreams and wishes- 
This was just one that I held onto for a long time.
I don't stop believing-- not in the 'Disney Magic'- or in making it happen myself...
But in my creator, and when He promises something to my heart- I know, 
(even if I have to wait YEARS), 
He is the one who provides everything.
Shanen is not my happily ever after...
But Shanen and I, living with the Spirit of God-

That is where our Happily Ever After comes from. 


x



Comments

Popular Posts