The Busy Month of October...


Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile… I have been so crazy busy. I've been packing to move, packing for a vacation, and helping out with one of my best friend's wedding! The wedding was so beautiful, and honestly one of the best weddings I have ever been to! Congrats to Stephanie and Jon Elswick!!! I am so happy for you two!


Stephanie and Jon left Sunday for their honeymoon cruise to the bahamas, and when they got back on Thursday I met them down in Orlando with my brother and Jon's friend Si to go to Disney World. I have been to Disney World several times in my life… and when I say several, I mean A LOT… my family is sorta Disney-fanatics… but I have to say, this has to be one of my favorite trips I've taken. We wore ourselves out, and ate way to much delicious food that our stomachs hurt, but it was worth it. The trip came with many great memories like watching Beauty and the Beast on a huge blow up screen on the beach, or hearing a dirty joke over the intercom at a fancy restaurant, or me and Steph running to a wedding chapel screaming "I'm Married!" then being told by a security guard that we couldn't be there. (luckily the guy was nice enough to let us take a look anyways) :). Then there were some not so good memories, like Steph getting sick on Mission Space or us having to wait almost 2 hours to eat at a certain resteraunt (but it was worth it!)… and finally their were those embarrassing moments like Lee and Jon not paying attention and following me right into the women's bathroom. lol.



I came back from Orlando and slept like a baby. Then 2 days later I packed up everything in my car, and moved to Gainesville… although I had one crazy trip getting here.


THE MOVE


I don't think it really "sunk-in" that I was moving until I got on the road. Then I really realized how much I was going to miss my family, my friends, and most of all, my dog. (but my dog is moving up here in about 2 weeks so I don't have to miss him long) :). I started to cry when I hit the interstate, but instead of dwelling on how much I'm going to miss everyone, I turned on some worship music and let myself be comforted by the Lord… and He did.

About three hours into the trip, as I got off my exit that lead to another interstate, a big buck ran out of the woods and straight in front of my car. There was no one in the left lane so I swerved a little but I didn't miss it… although I think I closed my eyes on impact. As soon as I hit it, I noticed my car didn't want to drive anymore, and it was making a weird noise, so I immediately pulled over. I saw the deer in my mirror and it looked really hurt as it limped back into the woods… and then I just started crying.

Luckily the cop was extremely nice and helped me out by explaining what I needed to do and staying with me the whole time, as I got a tow truck. He took me and all my stuff back to the police station where I piled everything in the small lobby and waited for enterprise to pick me up.

As I was praying about what happened, God reminded me of a devotional I did a few weeks ago about the enemy doing things to distract us or even stop our journeys to serve the Lord. Then I remembered a time in India, when we were taking a bus to Shimla and broke down for hours on the side of a mountain. Then I kinda laughed and realized this was just another one of the enemy's attempts… poor deer. When I first hit the deer I debated on what to do… I was alone, 3 miles from home, and 2 miles from Gainesville. I can honestly say my first reaction was to go home… but I am so glad I didn't.

The police man kept telling me how lucky I was I wasn't hurt… apparently he has seen a lot of these where deer completely total a car, or even a truck…. and I was in a mini cooper. lol. That was God watching over me. Praise the Lord. <3

Comments

Popular Posts