Flowers in the Sea

     Please forgive me if this post seems a little jumbled. This is my first time writing from my phone- my computer broke last week and I'm having to use my phone until I can fix it. But I am thankful to have a phone where I can write a blog from it! 
     So last week, on Saturday, we woke up and one of the girls friends came to have breakfast with us. We don't usually have Saturdays off, so this was really nice! We ate a nice big breakfast, and we noticed that the weather was beautiful outside today. So this quickly lead to the idea of- let's drive to the sea!! (The friend eating with us has a car) :)
     Now, I miss the beach a lot. At first I was excited - but then remembered all I had to do on this day off. I had a lot of things that needed to be done, including stuff with the bank and grocery shopping. (Grocery shopping without a car can take a long time and is pretty tiring). So at first I said no to the sea... But after some convincing from my friends, and a nudge from Holy Spirit, I decided to go. 
     When we first got to the beach, my friend Svenja found a beautiful sea shell right away. I love finding shells along the beach. After she found this shell I started to look for a big shell like hers. The beach was covered with those long shells that I call "ladyfinger" shells or "fingernail" shells. They were everywhere- but I didn't see any big conch shell like Svenja had found. I kept searching as I looked ahead in the sand. After awhile I just began to look down at the shells at my feet (the long ladyfinger shells). As I walked I tried not to step on them, bc I didn't want to destroy them. But in my heart I really wanted to step on them to hear the crunch beneath my boots. So I began to step on them, and instantly I was filled with so much joy at the sound- Crunch! Crunch! Crunch! I felt like a little kid just having fun in her own little world.
     I was only looking at my feet- no longer looking ahead for that beautiful conch shell- just having fun in the moment, when a conch shell was suddenly in my next step. I became even more happy- it was so lovely and unique! A few steps later, I was back to "crunching" the ladyfingers when another conch appeared in my path! Yay! 
     I felt The Lord speak to my heart about being His child, filled with His joy for life- not looking ahead but living fully in the moments He gives us... With Him. Then He provides for us the desires of our hearts, because it is His pleasure to provide good things for His children. Like the conch shells that I only found when I was only looking at my feet, and not searching for in the sand ahead of me. 

     This happened a few more times, when suddenly something else caught my eye. I think I may have screamed out "Look! Flowers in the water!" As I saw fresh cut flowers being washed to shore. 
     At first I thought they were fake, because these weren't wildflowers, but they were fresh cut flowers from a bouquet or something, and they weren't wilted. But when I bent down to pick them up, my heart got more excited when I realized they were real! 
     And as we walked further, more flowers began to float in from the sea! Different types of flowers too! Who finds flowers in the sea?! I knew this had to be God. Soon I had a whole bouquet of fresh cut flowers!

    I love living life with Jesus. 

Comments

Popular Posts