Letting go of reason to receive peace...


   If you read my last blog entry, you read about how God gave me a dream about being at a Doug Addison conference. At the time of the dream, I had no idea really who this guy Doug was. But when I looked up if he even did conferences, and who he was, sure enough, he was a speaker and was actually doing a conference in Orlando the same weekend I happened to be in Orlando for a wedding I was in. And guess what he happened to be speaking on... dreams. :)
    It was a very fast-paced weekend, and I faced a lot of opposition getting there, starting the week before the wedding. I had the hardest time finding the dress (since I was a bridesmaid, I really wanted to make sure I matched the other girls, and I was really self-conscious about not wanting to stand out- which I believe was an attack in itself right there, because God made us to stand out). But anyways, also that week before the wedding, my car decided to break. :(
   But I still pushed through and refused to stay home... I knew I needed to be at this wedding and this weekend! On the way down, I almost got into a wreck. Shortly after that, a dump truck carrying a ton of golfball sized rocks passed me and the rocks began to spill from the truck, bouncing off the road as we went 80mph down i95. I couldn't move and I was right behind him. The scariest part was the loud noise they made as they hit my car, causing nicks in the paint and 3 cracks on the windshield. Luckily, no one was hurt, as there was a guy on a motorcycle behind me, and I was thankful those rocks hit my car and not him. Then a few hours later, in the middle of nowhere a bolt of lightning came down right in front of me and scarred me again! (it was cloudy, but not raining or lighting at this point- so that sucker came out of nowhere!) It's always good to stop when we are facing opposition and realize if it is the enemy trying to keep us from something great, or God closing the door. But if God gave me a supernatural dream about this specific weekend, I knew this was not God closing the door! But, I made it to Orlando safely :)

   After a quick soak/rest with the Lord, I went to the conference that night. On the drive down I heard God say I would meet someone named Danielle. I have never heard a specific name like that from God, so I figured I was making it up... if I did meet someone named Danielle, how would I even approach them without sounding crazy.. "oh, um... God told me I would meet you tonight. I'm Camille by the way" <-- crazy.="" lol="" p="" pretty="" sounds="">
   I got there right on time, and it was packed in a small dark room. The presence of God was so thick I felt I could barely stand! But I found a spot in the back to worship. As the conference began, there wasn't enough seats, so I decided to just sit on the floor in the back- but a lady came up to me and said 'come on honey, I'm taking you up front' (*This happened in my dream last week too!) and she had me get up and go sit on the floor directly in front! It was way out of my comfort zone, but I literally had a better seat than the front row. haha! The lady that took me to the front also sat next to me.
   As Doug spoke, he even spoke about things that he said my dream last week! I was so blown away that this was real.
    The girl sitting next to me on the floor was covered in tattoos, and Doug wanted to do a demonstration of how God uses him to interpret tattoos... so he called her to the front and asked her name... her name was Danielle. Again, I just sat there trying not to laugh from shock/surprise. I felt a nudge from God, as if to say 'I told you so.'
   After the conference I got to speak with Danielle and I believe we were definitely suppose to meet! I just love the supernatural things of God. :)

   The next day was the wedding. I can't write about it all, but there was so many miracles that happened starting at 11pm the night before- it was such a blessing to witness it all! I was beginning to wonder how everything was going to come together and if God would show up and provide... but how could I doubt. This couple, the day before the wedding had no photographer, not enough flowers, no honeymoon, and no money. Plus other things I'm sure I was forgetting. Starting at 11pm the night before, we saw God 100% provide a last minute honeymoon to the bahamas, and we had more than enough flowers, and 3 photographers at the wedding! Even when things started to look doubting, we kept our peace and knew it would all work out... and it sure did! It was so amazing to be apart of this day!!

   I got to bed that night pretty late, and crashed... too tired to set my alarm. I said "God, if you want me to go to that conference tomorrow before my drive home, I need you to wake me up at 730- otherwise I need my sleep. And then I passed out.
  I got 3 text messages in the morning- I sat up to check them, surprisingly awake, and saw it was exactly 730am. I quickly got ready and left.
   I'm so glad I made it because there was some things I really needed to hear at that conference and I got a personal word from Doug... A word that God spoke to me 3 times that weekend- once on friday to my heart, once on Saturday by a prophetic girl who was also in the wedding that I had just met, and then finally by Doug. (*It's funny how God seems to have to tell me things 3 times in order for me to fully receive or wake up! haha!) It was all the same word and it's something I could never see in myself, but I trust God and am going to start stepping into it.

  As I left that day I felt the Lord tell me to give my last cash (a $20 bill) to the bride and groom. Even though they had already left, I put it in a jar in their house. There was NO cash left in my wallet after that. I would just use my credit card for the gas home. But on the way home I really needed some coffee, and as I went to pay for the coffee I opened my wallet and saw money- $18 to be exact! I don't know where it came from- because I was the only person who had my wallet on me in the past 24 hours... and I realized that was the same wallet that 5 pounds had appeared in when I was broke in the UK. :)
   (One more testimony and I'm done!) So as I drove through Jacksonville, a huge black storm was ahead of me. I didn't even pray but I saw it begin to move to the right- then I prayed and asked that it keep on moving! It was so dark that I knew there was no way to drive in it!! But as I got closer the cloud stayed to the right. (for anyone who has taken i95 past Jacksonville, you know how the buildings are RIGHT next to the road)- well I must have been driving right under the edge of the black cloud, bc out the right window the storm was so thick, and the rain was so heavy I couldn't even see the buildings of the city!! Then out my left window, it was white fluffy clouds! And it was only lightly raining upon my car! haha! So I passed through without a problem! I took my phone and took 2 photos- one out the right window, then immediately turned the camera out the left. (Excuse my dopey face bc I was concentrating on driving instead of taking the perfect selfie :P) I just wanted proof of what I was experiencing!

Left side
Right side (there is a huge city there...)




















     Looking back on this weekend, I just can't describe it in one word... but it was more than amazing, and more than supernatural. Jesus was all over this weekend, and there was so much peace in the chaos. I never felt overwhelmed once I was there, only peace- and lots of surprise in just how amazing God is! There was several times I could hear reason in my head say things like 'you really can't afford to go this weekend...', 'you can't possibly have the energy to do the wedding and the conference', 'there isn't enough time to get everything done!'... but sometimes I just need to tell my head to shut up and trust the Spirit within me... finding that peace that passes understanding.

Comments

Popular Posts