Desires, Faith, & Miracles


    At the start of 2014, I was preparing to return home from a 5 month stay in England. I absolutely fell in love with the way of life there, and even though at the time I was doing a school, I wanted nothing more than to stay and just do life there. But God specifically told me I needed to return to America for some time because He has something for me there- another season of growth with Him.
     I've been home for about 7 or 8 months now, and I do see exactly what God has grown me in. He provided me with a job that I personally thought I could never do (sales) lol- and it has really grown me in getting me out of my comfort zone when it comes to connecting to people. He has also placed me on a path of being a health coach (which is a huge passion of mine, because God has healed me so much when it comes to food and health... and I want to help others in this way). I see both things working together and I'm excited for what He is going to do next in my life.

     A few months ago, God has been talking to me about going back to the UK. But I though 'noo... that's not God... just my own silly heart wanting to go back... I'll get there one day.' But God didn't stop... through dreams, then visions, then many prophetic words (both from people who knew me and didn't) God was bringing up England over and over again. But I even decided 'no- I'm staying here... I'll move there one day.' My heart longed to be there, but I knew I would have to face some pretty big obstacles when it came time for me to really go there- and most of those obstacles are people in my life who constantly tell me 'you are not allowed to move out of my life'. I know friends and family say this out of love- and it breaks my heart to consider leaving them behind for another season, because if I were here and they were moving I would probably say the same thing "No!!!"... but I have realized IF this is God, I need to step out in faith and just see what He does... some pretty BIG miracles need to happen in order for me to even get there. I also owe my grandpa for the school I'm doing and I want to pay him back before I leave- adding to even bigger financial miracles that need to happen.

     So that's what I decided about 2 months ago... I will return to the UK in October and pray about working with our church plant there. I thought about what I want to do with my life... and I can't see myself doing anything else but living day to day with the Lord, doing His will in ministry. Showing others who He is and how much they are loved by their Heavenly Father. And as much as I love the UK, India still rests in my heart and I know one day- near or far- God will take me back there. But for now He has been showing me a bridge to the UK.

     So two months ago when I said I would go back to the UK in October- I had absolutely no financial provision for this trip... and I know moving there is going to be even more expensive! This was my first way to see "God, if this is really you, we will see how you provide for me to get to Europe with $0 in my savings account." So by faith I planned on going in October and made travel arrangements on where to stay at friends houses there. During some time with God I had a vision, and Jesus handed me 'provision', although it was not in the form of money. I thought, 'okay... what is that going to look like?'

    I felt I needed to move out of my place to maybe start saving money... but where could I find a place with no lease, that would allow a dog, and be less than $400/month for rent, utilities, everything. I knew for that to work I would have to find a house with lots a roommates, and I honestly didn't see where I could even find the time to move. Last week, I told my landlord that it was possibly my last month in my little house, and I would be looking for a place with roommates this month. He simply told me, well- we want to help you out. Can you do $400 a month? (that's $325 off my rent)... I was shocked and started laughing and crying from joy! That same week I found a way to use my sky miles to book my ticket to London.

    That moment when you hear God confirm to you something would happen in such a short amount of time- especially when it's one of your biggest heart's desires- your hope goes up, but then something in the natural makes us not let that hope go too high in fear of being disappointed. I do this all the time. I honestly still do. But when you see the provision and doors open up before you- I just want to cry in how amazing He is.

   So all that to say, I will be on my way back to the UK next month, to stay in London for a few weeks working with our church plant there and praying about if that's where the Lord wants me. Also seeing what doors he opens there for jobs and housing, ect. Again, a lot more miracles need to happen to provide for an actual move there, but I'm just taking some steps in faith and seeing what happens. To top it all off, my school is having a reunion while I'm there, and I'll be able to attend! (I remember when they sent out the email about the reunion several months ago, my heart sank bc I knew there was no way I could possibly make it... but look at what God has done) :)

Comments

  1. Cammie! I'm so excited for you!! That's amazing provision! Yay God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts