God Speaks Through Numbers

   Do you ever find yourself always looking at the clock at 1:11? Or 4:44? Or continuously see the same number throughout your day (or life) over and over again?

   The past year, this was happening to me with the number 22. I started noticing it all the time. As most of you know, I am not a religious person, but I know and follow Jesus with all of my being. Yes, I am a Christian, but I am not religious. Being a christian for me is not an 'organized' way of life, as the word religion is defined. If anything, it's completely the opposite.
Spiritual.
Freedom.
Relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
Forgiven.
Redeemed.
Walking in righteousness knowing your parent is God himself, and He takes care of you fully and completely.
This is what I mean when I proudly say "I am a Christian."

  But back to the number 22... I started asking God what this number meant, and why would I was literally seeing it everywhere? Always looking at the clock at 2:22, seeing texts that were sent 22 seconds or 22 minutes ago... I saw this number all the time.

   When I asked Him, He spoke of His timing. Not only his timing, but also my trust in Him.
I noticed when I would see 22, it would usually be in the middle of deep thought of situations or worrying about things, and I would feel God saying "Don't worry, it's all going to work out in my timing, in my plans. Just let go and trust."

  This has been since the Fall of last year.

  I write this to tell a testimony that happened on my way to England a few weeks ago.

  I had booked my first one way ticket. My visa had come through in a miraculous way. I was excited and ready. But when it came time to check-in for my flight, it wouldn't let me because I didn't have a return flight. So we got to the airport early, and again, when I was trying to check-in at the kiosk, it wouldn't let me because I didn't have a return ticket. For a second I started to panic. I didn't have money at the moment for a return flight! Were they not going to let me leave the US without one?! My parents were with me, and we all talked in worry for about 3 seconds before I glanced down and saw the number 22 on a sign. I smiled and said "Nope, everything going to workout because every time I see that number, it's God telling me it's all going to be okay!" So we went to the desk to speak to someone that could help.

   The guy at the desk was an Indian guy named Robert. He asked me why I didn't have a return flight. I don't know why I was nervous, but I was. I told him I was doing a ministry school, and he looked at me and started asking me questions about my God. I got even more nervous, because listening to his accent I assumed he was muslim or Hindu, and I don't like arguing religion with people. I answered his questions as gently as I could, and then he asked "What has this Jesus done for you?"
   I thought for a second... how could I tell Him ALL that Jesus has done for me, in only a few minutes?! After my answer he smiled, and said "You are forgetting the most important thing... Jesus forgave us for our sins." He went into talk about the importance of His forgiveness and I knew God was speaking to me through this guy. He shared his own testimony about being completely healed of cancer through Jesus.
   My bag was 2 pounds overweight, but he just continued to talk about Jesus, as he put the tag on and sent it through. Then he printed my boarding pass, and when he handed it to me he said "Don't be afraid to be bold about who Jesus is. Enjoy your flight to Manchester." I knew this was my word for this next season and what God would be doing in me... boldness. I thanked him and walked away with my parents. I glanced down at my boarding pass...
and my seat number was 22.

God always has everything under control. 

Comments

Popular Posts