When God's Peace is in Impossibilities


This post could be considered a continuation of my last blog post... so I would recommend reading my last post before continuing on to this one.
As you read in my last blog entry, it was about how I found my soul mate.

I wrote that blog entry before the weekend, not knowing what the weekend held. What inspired the blog entry was a present I made for my love- which was a journal full of old prayers and journal entries (before I knew him) of what I wanted in a man, in a husband, and the things God spoke to my heart through seasons of waiting until He brought that guy to me.
The journal I made for him had a specific symbol on the front of it (I'm writing this because it's important in the end of this blog)... The symbol was an old compass (like you would find on a map) and there was an old style ship wheel also on the journal. I picked this one because I felt it was the one God wanted me to get, but also it spoke to my heart on the “theme” of the book, being how God orchestrated our love story from across a whole ocean.


I really felt to give it to him this weekend. He had a big surprise planned for our first valentines day, so I wanted to make him this extra special gift.

After my jewelry workshop on Saturday, Shanen had rented a car and we begun our surprise journey to Iona. I have wanted to go to Iona (a very small island in Scotland) for the past 3 years, ever since I discovered the band. So when I found out that is where we were going- my heart became so excited!! But the best part was, all the time I would get to spend with Shanen!



We drove for 6 hours (Shanen drove- I helped navigate best I could), and reached a little Inn called the Oyster Inn. It was adorable! It was quite late, and we were both exhausted from the journey... (at one point we had to push our car out of a ditch, but that's another story).


The next morning we got up early to see a valentines day sunrise- however there were mountains in the way. But it was still quite breathtaking. We went back to the Inn and had an amazing breakfast before setting off again to catch the ferry.



After the Ferry we drove through the Isle of Mull, and from there we had to park and leave our car to catch a boat to Iona. Finally... we arrived!


We stayed at the most adorable bed and breakfast! After arriving and having a hot drink, we set off to explore the island and do some hiking!



It was so beautiful, and we hiked for 4 hours! It was also very cold, but so worth it! We ended up on the beach at sunset and I got lost in finding cool beach rocks and sea glass to use in my jewelry designs. While exploring the beach Shanen said “What's this?” and pointed to a wine bottle that looked to be stuck between two large rocks with little trees rooted on top. At first I thought he put it there so we could drink wine on the beach- but then noticed the cork had already been opened. When I opened the bottle I pulled out a faded map with the most beautiful poem written on it (at this point I knew it was my Valentines gift from Shanen). I wanted to cry at the end because it was just so amazing.


We walked a little further when Shanen said “what's that?” and there was another empty wine bottle in the rocks. I looked at him and he said “I have no idea what that one is!”


Because I see God do so many crazy things for me and Shanen, I actually believed him when he said this, and thought “hmm, maybe this is leftover from some other couples valentines day!” and I reached down to look at them. There was a third little bottle (super tiny, 2 inch bottle) with a red ribbon inside. On the front it said “Sarah Camille”... I had been fooled.
I opened up the bottle and pulled out the ribbon (which was attached to the little cork). At first I didn't see the writing on the ribbon, but when I did, I read “Will you be my happily ever after? Will you Marry Me?”
When I turned around, he was on one knee and I realized what was going on...
and of course, I said YES!

Afterwards, he told me he has been designing the ring himself and having it made just for me! This process will take a few weeks, but Shanen gave me a promise ring to wear in it's place until his design arrives. But the promise ring to me is just as special, because this ring is a celtic woven knot that symbolizes everlasting love and loyalty, inspired by the ancient traditions of the Celtic Isles. It's a forever reminder of our beloved weekend in Iona.



So that is the amazing announcement I have been waiting to share of my incredible weekend with my love! It was truly the best weekend of my life so far, and I cannot wait to see what God has in store for us!

 

We know without a doubt that we will be married. However, I know the question on everyone's mind is “Where/When/How?!” Honestly it's the same questions me and Shanen are facing ourselves.

Where?

We are both from two totally separate continents... and ask everyone from one location to fly across the ocean would be hard on them financially. It makes my heart sad thinking that there is the truth that not all my close friends will be able to be there (and when I say close friends, it's because I have very close friends on both lands).

When?

Well, we have no idea. Because of visa stuff, it really looks impossible for us to even be married anytime soon. We know in our hearts when we would like to be married, but we can't plan anything for certain because there is no way for it to happen.

How?

Another big question is how in the world are we going to afford this? There is visa costs, finding a place to live when I have no income myself, and the actual cost of the wedding or flights depending on where we get married!

At first this seemed so overwhelming. So much joy came with being engaged, and then it seemed so much doubt swarmed my head with these thoughts and questions rising up.

We have decided to treat this big obstacle no different than any other obstacle we have faced in life...
We are letting go of control, and giving it to God.
We are going to dream big, and plan for the best without limits of timing or how it will work out, knowing it will work out.

God orchestrated our love story from across a whole ocean... He can do it with our wedding.


So the truth is, with all these questions- I don't know. But God does; and that's more that enough for us. We will enjoy this season of engagement to the fullest, trusting in His timing, His place, and how it will all workout. We have his peace in the impossible, because there is no such thing when you are walking in the His Kingdom.



Comments

  1. What a beautiful love story!! Our Father knows what we need even before we say a word. As Blaine and I head into our 10th year of marriage this April, I encourage you to always fight for yout love and not against it!! The Lord is the best matchmaker ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! So excited for you and believing for miracles in provision and guidance! Xxoo - koryn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts