Dangerous Surrender

So I am reading a book called Dangerous Surrender. I have had two people tell me I need to read it… and my first thought was, 'I'm really more of a historical biblical fiction reader… (those are the best books!). But after I was told to read this book, I was given the book to borrow so I figured that was God saying 'Oh, but you are going to read this book.' So I have just started to get into it by reading a chapter a night. Again, if it's not some sort of historical biblical fiction, I'm more likely to take a few weeks or months to finnish it.
I'm only on page 22, but I came across some awesome facts that everyone must read. It will really make you see your life in a whole new light. (I was going to post this on my facebook status, but there is no way it would fit.) :)
So here it is… take a deep breath bc it's that good…

-If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead, and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75 percent of the people in this world!
-If you have ANY money in the bank and some in your wallet and some spare change in a dish somewhere, you are among the top 8 percent of the world's wealthy; 92 percent have less to live on than you do!
-If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million other people in the world.
-If you can attend worship services at church without the fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death, you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.


Crazy huh. Reading this felt like taking a blow to the chest for all that I have never thought about being grateful for. I'm not posting this to make anyone feel guilty, but extremely blessed! God in his sovereignty decided where you would be born and allowed you to live in a place that has almost everything you can desire. But what we have to remember, is God put us here for a reason, and by seeking Him, he will reveal what His will is for you. (Jeremiah 29:11-14)

Comments

Popular Posts