God Heart Touching Moments

So I've been reading this book called The Ragamuffin Gospel (very good book so far). There was a chapter that talks about us always being in a rush in life and never stopping to 'smell the roses' and really see God in things like we use to as a child- for example: a rainbow, the sound of the rain, a deer in a meadow, ect. So I've been journaling each day on a specific moment of the day that I felt was one of these "God Heart-Touching Moments". For example, a child kissed me on the cheek last week, so I wrote that as my GHTM :).
But Friday was a really good one. We were in the slum visiting families we work with, when we came to one of my favorite houses. We spent a good bit of time with them the friday before last, as well as this friday. I love this family. They are VERY into the Hinduism. But everytime we come, one of the sisters always says "please pray for us!". They shared with us that the father has an addiction to alcohol. So we prayed over the family, and at the end of the prayer, after we said "In your sons name... amen", I heard the oldest sister whisper "In Jesus' name."
That was the best GHTM yet. :)

Comments

Popular Posts