Being loved by God, through Chocolate Chip Cookies.

     I see God do so much in my everyday life- but I am sometimes amazed and embarrassed at how easily I let these things slip by, noticed but barely remembered. It's only when I'm sharing these things with other that I realize again how amazing my God is, and how much He loves me. Today it was through chocolate chip cookies.

    This morning I met a new friend, and in the 15 minutes I got to talk to her, we shared what God had been doing in our lives. She just seemed to ask the right questions, and I knew it was the Lord using her to encourage me to look back on recent testimonies in my life- even the small ones are powerful when it comes to His love.

     For example, she asked me about my Hindi lesson I had today, and how I found a Hindi teacher. I told her how one day I kinda just asked God for a hindi teacher, and two days later a lady from India walks into my work. This lady just happened to be from the state in India that speaks Hindi as their mother tongue, and she said she would love to give me lessons free of charge. Now, Hindi class is something I look forward to every Sunday. :)
     Just sharing this story with her reminded me of how God answers prayers- even the little ones. Honestly when I asked for a Hindi teacher, it wasn't even a 'formal prayer'... I just kinda thought it in my heart and that was it. But two days later I had a hindi teacher.

    Something similar happened today- but with chocolate chip cookies.

    As most of my friends know, I have a gluten allergy. I was helping a friend prepare for a party today and setting out chocolate chip cookies on a plate. The smell was amazing and I thought in my head 'it would be so nice to be able to eat one of these... I haven't had a chocolate chip cookie in forever.' But honestly, the smell was enough for me... heaven. :) I didn't NEED a chocolate chip cookie... it was just a small thought- not even a prayer.
     This afternoon at my hindi lesson, I arrive and my teacher brings me some water and a small plate of chocolate chip cookies. When she sits them down she says 'These are gluten-free... sometimes my daughter buys gluten-free things.' I immediately remembered how badly I wanted a chocolate chip cookie earlier that day- and now here were 4 chocolate chip cookies that I could eat! I could see Jesus smiling, and we had a little moment there in the secret place of my heart, where God loves to surprise me the most.

     So keep your eyes open- these little testimonies are not just for my life. We are all God's children, and like the amazing Father He is, He loves providing for His Children... sometimes even with things we think are too silly for prayers- like chocolate chip cookies. :)

Comments

  1. Yes! Exactly! I've been saying the same thing lately - trying to notice and appreciate God in all of the smaller things that I would typically let pass by. The other day I was in the store and a thought passed through my mind for an item I had forgotten about. Instead of writing it off, I just said, "Thanks God for reminding me." x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts