Lions and Eagles... Dreams and paintings. Revelation Rising Up!



   This past week I've been spending my mornings reading a bit with God, then painting/drawing with him. I'm not one to sleep in- I love early mornings so I can get time in with Him before starting on any real 'work' I need to have done. And early mornings is when I seem to hear him best- my mind is clean and fresh for a new day, so it's worries don't get in the way of what I hear and see from Him. And sometimes I wake straight from a dream, where He begins speaking to me before I'm even awake. I know He loves our morning time as much, or even more than I do.

   A few weeks ago I had a dream that ended with two silver eagles coming together and making a nest. Even in the dream I was trying to figure out what God was saying to me through this, and I was amazed because these eagles were huge, and pure silver. I remember in the dream thinking 'I didn't know these eagles even existed!'

   Since that dream, God has been revealing more to me through the gospels, and the truth of our identity in Christ. First I was seeing a lot of lions...


    I was jokingly saying to God 'Lord, people are going to start to think I worship Lions...' but I didn't care. I thought 'maybe I just paint a cross', but God showed me a picture of a lamb walking out of an empty tomb.. He said 'This is more powerful than the cross.' I think sometimes we (including myself) stop at the revelation of what was done upon the cross... but there is even more revelation of what was done through the empty tomb. I sketched it out and am going to paint that picture one day when God brings it up again. But I am excited about that piece. :)
   But back to the Lion... I wanted to write about it because I know I've been asked if I was angry (the roaring lion could be taken as anger, but if anything its righteous anger taking back the authority within.) God has been showing me lions... (The righteous are bold as lions... Proverbs 28:1) ... and speaking to me about His spirit within us. Sometimes we think He is so far, crying out for more of Him- to be closer to Him- to hear Him more... but He tells us to simply "Be Still...". He resides in His children.. His spirit is IN us. And the lion represents the Lion roaring inside, and things are about to change. Revelation is coming, and rising up from within His children. Eyes will be opened more and more as we realize we are in union with Him who resides in us! Be Still, and listen to His Spirit. Things are starting to shake up with His roar... and He is calling His children (mankind) back to Him.

  It may look a bit different than we think... God tends to do that a lot (just read the scriptures!) haha! But I'm excited about what He is going to do. Be watching because something is definitely happening.

My recent two paintings are even more personal revelations of identity...


 

   Freedom to be His Child. I need to constantly remind myself of my identity in Him, as His daughter, and all the things He has promised me, or told me to do- even when to others it looks absolutely foolish.. I am always needing to remind myself that I don't live for the expectations of others, but in what He tells me to do. I know sometimes I look extremely childish to friends, haha... but I can't help it. I love the purity of childlike things! Because that is where I find life. I can't live for anyone, including myself. I live for God. And nothing is impossible with Him. Life with Him completes me. 

Comments

  1. aww i love this girl. If we are not like the little child we cannot come to him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts