Finding God's Treasure on Christmas Morning

  

    On Christmas Eve I felt the Lord tell He wanted me to see the sunrise on Christmas morning. He showed me a specific spot to go to on Folly Beach. As I thought of places closer to go watch the sunrise, He kept highlighting that particular spot and said 'go there'.
   So I set my alarm, but didn't need to because at 5:28am (my alarm was going to go off at 5:30), I was wide awake. (God does that with me a lot) :)
   I packed up some stuff in a bag (paints, journal, headphones) threw on some warm clothes, grabbed my dog and hit the road. I could feel His presence with me as I traveled and couldn't help but worship in the car.

   We got to the beach and went to the spot. I sat upon some rocks and let my dog run (he loves the beach as much as me) :). I listened to worship as I watched the sun come up. Also, watching the sunrise surfers was also amazing.. I was tempted to go play in the waves myself, but it was cold and I had no towel. Still, God just kept speaking to me as we watched the sunrise. It was incredible.

  Then I went for a walk down the beach, enjoying the sand and water beneath my bare feet. I was constantly throwing beach sticks for my dog, who would go fetch them, then break them. As I bent down to pick up another sick, I noticed something sitting among them... a little dove, sitting there in the sticks, staring at me.
  God always gets my attention with a dove (or a red bird, but that's another story)... So I wanted to grab a photo of the dove. Right as I got out my camera it flew off- and went behind me towards the stairs, where 3 people were sitting.
   I decided it was time to go home anyway so I wouldn't be late for Christmas morning with my family.. so I turned and went back towards the stairs leading away from the beach.
   As I approached the stairs I hear "Oh my God, it's Camille!" And I looked up to see a dear friend of mine who has been on my heart a lot the past week. (I had even painted a picture for her, that God had shown me and told me I needed to give her!) I know she is going through some really rough times right now, and I've been praying for her a lot. I was so happy to see her, I blurted out "Oh my gosh, God told me to come here this morning! To this very spot!!" I probably looked like a little kid on Christmas morning... ha! And I was! :D

   I got to hug her, and pray with her and her kids. It's so fun being a part of God's treasure hunts.. even when you don't realize you are on one. That morning, God wanted me to go find His treasure- a piece of treasure that needed to be shown just how much she is treasured by her Father in Heaven.



Comments

Popular Posts