Distruptions, and Miricles

So, getting to India this time was the HARDEST it's every been. Here is the story...
I woke up at 3:30am on the 27th of December, got ready, finished some last minute packing, and headed out the door. I was running late, but I've gotten to the airport about an hour before a flight before (my flight was at 5:50), and it was okay, they just let me right through, so I didn't worry too much about running late. Well, I guess I should have because I missed my flight! AHH!! So, as I'm freaking out the lady is being super mean to me, telling me I wasn't on time (which was true), and I was suppose to be 2 hours early at this super small airport for international flights. I don't know what difference it makes, but I missed it. I didn't know what to do, so she just said, "You can wait here until I help all my Chicago flights, because they were actually on time." Ouch. So I waited. Once her line was completly clear, she continued to ignore me. So me and my mom asked, "what do we need to do? Can you help us, or do we need to see someone else?" She said, "I'm still helping my on time Chicago flights." Then she looked up and said "Anyone else flying to Chicago??" No one approached her. Then she turned to us, "Okay, now I can help." I acted like I was texting on my phone as she was typing on her computer, and I just prayed "God, please just come around this lady and change her heart." The effect was almost immediate. All of a sudden she was the nicest lady! She put me on a stand-by flight at 10am, but it was full, so there was no garentee I would get a seat unless someone missed the flight. I had an extra bag to check for someone, (which should have been $75) and she said "That's weird... for some reason the computer's saying your bag will only be $35..." All I could think was 'Yay Jesus!'
So I came back to the airport, and luckily I got a seat!! I made it to DC, and I had to meet up with a girl I had never met who was on my team. I landed in DC at 11:30am, but was suppose to meet with Katie at 10:30 at her terminal, because she didn't take her phone with her. I had no idea how I was going to find her... the airport was HUGE! I prayed and felt like God told me to check Starbucks. I didn't know if there was a Starbucks, and I didn't know what gate we flew out of for Germany since we had a long layover, and the gate wasn't listed yet. I was happy to see when I checked the map of the airport, that there was a Starbucks at gate B45. It took me 30 mins to get there, but when I did, I saw no Katie. All I knew is she had brown hair, a nose peircing, a black backpack, and a brown/black purse. So I walked into the next store feeling a little hopeless, to ask a worker where I can find out previous gate listings. As soon as I asked, Katie walked by! I knew it was her, and she was heading to gate B45, which was our gate to Germany! We were so thankful to finally find each other, and I explained why I wasn't there earlier.
A few hours later we met up with 4 other girls going with us to India. We were sitting right by each other for a long time before we finally realized they were on our team too. As our next flight was finally boarding, they scanned my ticket, which then beeped really loudly and said "cancled" on the computer screen. They said "mam, please step aside." Again, I started praying that I got on this flight. After almost everyone boarded, they were able to re-assign me a seat. Praise God.
In Germany, as we were going through security, all the girls got through, and as I had just put my backpack, purse, and jacket in the bens to be put through the scanner, some security guy ran up and started telling everyone "GO!" and pointing out the doors in which we came (and had waited forever in line just to get through) They made me and several other people get our stuff and leave, while the other girls on my team were seperated from me bc they had already gone through. We waited outside of security for about 30 minutes while they brought in a dog, and searched an abandoned bag left in security. Finally it cleared, and the line started all over again... but after about 10 more minutes I was through!
We all went to our gate, and waited there, because we were pretty tired. I made myself stay awake so I could sleep on the next 9 hour flight. Our flight was suppose to board at 11:45... and when 11:45 came, we were wondering where everyone was, and why there hadn't been any announcements. Finally a guy came running up and said "BANGALORE GATE CHANGED!" And lucky us (sarcasm), the new gate was literally the furthest gate away from the gate we were sitting at. So the 4 of us took off running- and made it. I got into my seat, and fell asleep.
Finally we made it to India. It didn't feel like it usually does when I come to India though... usually theres a bit of culture shock, and getting use to all the new sights, sounds, and smells.. but this time it just felt as normal as life... like I never left. It felt like I just came home from a long vacation in America.
Now, here is the biggest miricle yet. It is now day 3... new years eve... and no one on the team has had jet leg! I am still amazed! God truely has his hand on everything, every second of this trip.

Comments

Popular Posts