Sari Birthday Party

Me and Stephanie's birthdays are 2 days apart... mine is on the 26th, and her's on the 28th. So we decided to do a fun little sari party on the 27th for our girls.
The party was scheduled at 2 o'clock, so after lunch me and Steph went and got some sodas, a cake, some indian snacks, some banana chips, and some sw
eet angel wings. I had brought some silly bands (bc I knew they'd bring their kids) and some of those party blower things that kids do in America (I had brought those over from my little brother's birthday party in December). I figured they'd get a hoot outt
a those things.
Around 1:30, me and Steph attempted to dress ourselves in our saris. My attempt failed and Steph had to dress me. Once the girls got there though they re-dressed us both once more.
The girls started to arrive in their best saris! They were all so beautiful! Most of the girls come to class in their nighties, which is like a long house dres
s that they sleep in, so it was really fun to see them all dressed up!! Some even dressed up their kids! I got the snacks all set up while Steph poured and served the drinks. Then we started to cut the cake, when I was like "Oh no! I didn't get a pic of the cake!" So I took a pic of it- even though it had already been cut. The girls brought us small but meaningful gifts, such as bangles, or flowers for our birthdays, which was totally unexpected and meant so much to us!
The best part about the party is that out of all of our girls, one is a Muslim. She but she had friends in town, and brought them and her mother with her to the party. So all in all there were about as many Hindu girls as there were Muslims. And after eating cake and snacks, they wanted to hear stories of Jesus. So we told the story of King David, the story of Jesus healing the man with many demons, as well as the story of the bleeding woman. The prayer call came on from the mosque outside our window and half of the girls covered their heads with their dupatas. We waiting, until it had finished, then continued to tell them how they were all daughters of a king, because God didn't just make me and Steph, but He made all of them. So in truth, they are all princesses, because God sees them as His daughters, just like He did the bleeding woman.
After stories many of the girls left. What half of them were gone, I realized I didn't bring out the silly bandz or the party blowers! So I took them out and gave them to the last of the girls there. They had so much fun with the party blowers, and it was so funny to watch!





Comments

Popular Posts